Welcome to My New Website!


Well, there's nothing like being published in a national magazine to make you quickly realize that your blog is not user-friendly, at least, apparently not for the majority of people who, unlike me, read blogs and visit websites on their phone.

I toyed with just leaving things as is. I am, at heart, an old-fashioned blogger. I miss the days when blogging was a community that encouraged and cheered each other on, and that is very much at the heart of why I write. It's never been about the numbers for me. Whether my offerings attract 10 or 10,000, my objective is simply to bless. 

For that reason, and because I'm attached to it on a very emotional level, I've decided to try my hand at maintaining two blogs, here and at Ordinary Days of Small Things. While some of the content may cross-post, I will try to offer things here that won't be available there. The goal for this blog is to promote my writing, so I have specific ideas for the content of both spaces, and if you've found yourself here I hope you'll find something that will inspire and bless you!



 

Comments

As you know, I am with you on the community (or lack thereof) in blogging now.
It is very sad to me. I miss the days of blogging for fun and friendship. And as I told you before, if I read a blog and the blogger never visits me in return, I quit reading. I look at visiting a blog as visiting someone's home (after all, it's their internet home). If they never come to my house, what kind of friendship is that?

Keeping up with different blogs is time-consuming, but it IS doable. I have 5 blogs, most of which are private, all geared to different things.

Blessings,
Patti